Recognition of Prior Learning
Students may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or credit transfers for study taken at another institution; as well as time they may have spent working in the hospitality industry.
Approved credit may reduce a students overall cost and study workload.
Students are encouraged to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for study taken at another institution; as well as time they may have spent working in the hospitality industry.
Approved recognition or credit for previous study or work, may reduce a students overall cost and study workload, or duration.
This policy is most commonly applied to:
- Students who have undertaken some study at other universities, colleges or hotel schools looking to transfer, and gain the advantage of a higher level qualification.
- People with business-related diplomas or degrees wanting to enter the hotel industry to change their career direction.
- Industry personnel with experience and some training seeking qualifications with international recognition.
Industry Experience Requirement:
ICHM uses reflection to enhance teaching and learning, as such there are requirements that students have hospitality industry experience before entering the second or third years of the Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management).
To apply for recognition you must:
- Submit a full application to ICHM indicating that you want to apply for recognition of your prior learning.
- Students will be required to submit certified English translations of all academic/other documents (e.g. curriculum) where necessary.
- A grade of "status" will be given for those subjects where a student has been successful in applying for Recognition of Prior Learning.
- Where recognition is not granted prior to commencement students will be required to attend classes until exemptions are determined.
- As part of the recognition assessment, where students are unable to provide sufficient documentation and evidence, recognition cannot be granted.
- A process of appeal is available in cases of disputes over decisions or refunds granted under these policies.
Note: ICHM cannot process your RPL unless all the required supporting documentation and evidence is supplied.