Credit Transfer/Advanced Standing
Students are encouraged to apply for credit transfer/advanced standing for study taken at another institution; as well as time they may have spent working in the hospitality industry.
Approved credit may reduce a students overall cost and study workload.
This policy is most commonly applied to:
- Students who have undertaken some study at other hotel schools looking to transfer, and gain the advantage of the Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) or; or Master of International Hotel Management (SHA).
- People with business-related diplomas or degrees wanting to enter the hotel industry to change their career direction.
- Industry personnel with experience and some training seeking qualifications with international recognition.
To apply for recognition you must:
- Submit a full application to ICHM indicating that you want to apply for recognition of your prior learning.
- Students will be required to submit certified English translations of all academic/other documents (e.g. curriculum) where necessary.
- Where recognition is not granted prior to commencement students will be required to attend classes until exemptions are determined.
- As part of the recognition assessment, where students are unable to provide sufficient documentation and evidence, recognition cannot be granted.
- A process of appeal is available in cases of disputes over decisions or refunds granted under these policies.